Friday, January 23, 2009

Re-coursing Nile

Neither your thoughts my mind admits
The flow has washed those bit-by-bits
Nile, now you flow
Bringing winter and snow
As my benign spring has left long ago

Last life I slept, I woke in pain
I wished no more to wake
A decreased shadow, a sullen wane
I dared to think I could hear church bells again
Nile, had come
To embalm

You have the keys of our companionship
Although the stories now have dulled your lip
Nile, you spread thy shade
To give some peace to my eyes now dead

Too dark a house, by which I stand
My feet are burning in your sand
Nile, O nile! Something I lost
Something that worth my life’s cost



3 comments:

Strawberry said...

Hiii ...

Feels a li'l odd since ur away :) This is a subjective post, where the protagonist is Pain. Extremely personalized, I must say.

SG

Shy said...

thanx dear, yes u r absolutely correct. the protagonist being pain, had to end to like the way it is now, but hope to have a brighter post in future.

Shy

Siddharth Mistry said...

nice one ....