Monday, June 23, 2008

Suji on leaving a city I hate, hate to stay, and hate to belong

And yet a departure
Of comfort and separation
To forego another hand
Another silence, another passé

New places,
New faces

And yet, you leave
For comfort and separation
I let go, I let free
I let another relation

New poems,
Novel dames

And yet, there will be August
For rains and summer
And we will miss July
For pains,
Our rains
And watch the hopes
Spread their wings in veins

2 comments:

Sujatha said...

I had initially written this 4 someone else...but this belongs to you, now...

They never die.They live on, in those who love them. They haunt our hopes, creep into the indiscernible dreams of our darkest nights, breath life into our gauzy morning languor, crowd us in the loneliest of evenings and walk with us in the deserted alleys of the city. As we cry our crystal teardrops, they cheer their own victory...they never leave.

Distance is never physical, my love...

Suji

Shy said...

darling,
words have their beyond,
words have their tales,
words make us fall in love,
and words have their fates.

in anticipation,
love u loads,
take care,
Shayani