Monday, July 30, 2007

A home coming

Yesterday was a long day in Calcutta. I prefer this name than the newer one with a dash of Bengali tradition. The city of life was tired after an interlude of weekend. I didnt take the train to avoid the known faces.
These faces have once gifted the manna of silences. Now the silences are hard to take. They have aquired voices that haunts. Haunts me even in my sighs. Irked with the himesh numbers, i saw the life with a difference. The difference that created an emptiness.
There are certain reasons that dont have explanations. I dont try to seek them. Some answers dwell in the hearth of throat that can neither be swallowed nor can come out.
People are scared of loneliness, the loneliness that intervenes in your private self. A self that crawls with the diurnal courses of life. A loneliness that denies the urge to be with the recognized self of you and me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The best thing about you and your article is the straightforwardness. Your honesty gets clearly reflected in your write-ups. It's this purity of your heart that makes you and your article special.

Sujatha said...

I am lost, Shayani, my love, in this indiscernible maze of words, of meanings, of empty sounds mumbled, of screams, laughter and music. My melodies are lost in this city...Calcutta. Thats the name that has been and always will be....Thanx hun, for being so lucid and transparent about the pains we lesser mortals endure every day.

Love

Suji